Oil Range Organics by EPA 8015 (Modified?)

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello

I'm a QC/QA manager from an environmental laboratory in Israel, we are analyzing soil for DRO and ORO contaminants.
Earlier this week we had an accreditation inspection, and the issue of ORO came up, since the method mentions specifically only GRO and DRO.
I know that this is an accepted modification of the method but the examiner asks for an "official" source.
Method, explanation about the modifications from the original 8015 or even an SOP from a governmental source would be great.

Additionally, so far I could not find any proficiency testing scheme for Oil Range Organics in soil.

Could someone point me in the right way?
Thanks in advance,
Mark
I remember that the Florida TRPH method lists using 8015 to test from C6-C40 which should encompass the ORO range so maybe if you can find that method it would work as a reference. I think Minnesota may also use that range.
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
James_Ball wrote:
I remember that the Florida TRPH method lists using 8015 to test from C6-C40 which should encompass the ORO range so maybe if you can find that method it would work as a reference. I think Minnesota may also use that range.

Thank you James,
I've already been in contact with the guys at Florida, sadly they have no PT schemes to participate in.
I'll try contacting the labs around here to see if we can set up some kind of interlaboratory comparison going on...
3 posts Page 1 of 1