Turbo molecular pump error

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello,

We have a GC-QP2010, where we have attached a pyrolizer. Beacuse of the nature of the analysis of different research groups, we have to be switching between columns. A couple of days ago, i switched off and vent the vacuum to be able to change the column. After plugging in the column, I started the vacuum with the autostart up option and it would start normally but after a few minutes it will show up an error that says "[0da9] High Vacuum Error (turbo molecular pump 1) and it will vent it again. I tried checking it for leaks and even tried to place back the original column to see if one of the columns was the problem with no success. I must say that its a new gc and also a new pump.
One check would be to block off the inlet with a no hole ferrule which would completely eliminate the column.

I am not familiar with the MS in question, but you should check any o-ring seals around the analyzer to make sure it is sell seated and there are no lint or hair on the seal as even something that small seems to create large leaks.

Also make sure the roughing pump is working well and has fresh oil.
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
danielasanchezarana wrote:
... I must say that its a new gc and also a new pump.

Simply use your warranty rights.
when you first start the auto start sequence, make sure you push the round door in on the MS and hold while the foreline pump kicks in. we don't lock this door off with the catch, found it hard to open again once vented, so simply nip it closed then hold in while pump starts, vacuum holds it in place after that.

also check the o-ring of this door is not compromised.
4 posts Page 1 of 1