Anyone Using SRI GC with DDE Link?

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
I have a SRI 310C Gas Chromatograph and I want to use the peaksimple software's DDE link function to have the results from each run automatically exported to excel.

SRI says all I have to do is hit "copy" in the results window, then in excel "paste special". I have tried this and it doesn't work. SRI techs aren't helpful in this either.

I have tried different methods of paste special but the only ones that work are paste unicode text or paste text. Using this is pastes the same data as in the results window, and in the same layout, but it does not update itself when I do a new run. Even if I click the "refresh all" button under data in excel.

Anyone have advice? or know of any other way to have the peaksimple software automatically export results into excel?
GabeS,

I did this a long time ago for a customer who was doing BTU analysis on LPG. I can send you a clipped set of instructions if you want to e-mail me. aicmm at flash (as in the superhero) dot net

Best regards,

AICMM
you can try to tinker something with AutoIt v3 (scripting language designed for automating the Windows GUI)
3 posts Page 1 of 1