Reduced peak are/height of one analyte

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello everyone,

I am experiencing reduced peak area/height of butanol on my Nexis GC. The problem aroused suddenly, and I can't figure out why. It is causing issues in manner that I can't analyze 5% of butanol anymore (peak is not showing on chromatogram). I am analyzing mixtures of organic solvents from v/v 0,05 % up to v/v 100%. All other peaks are showing good result. Some suggestions why area/height of specific analyte would suddenly reduce.

Thank you for reading.
Hello there,

I am facing a similar issue, has this issue been solved? if yes, can you please share how?
Thanks
Sadly, no.
Some suggestions,

1) Is the BuOH evaporating preferentially from the pierced septum of the sample vial?

2) Is the BuOH preferentially adsorbed by dirt at FIRST cm of column?

3) Is the BuOH preferentially adsorbed by dirt at LAST cm of column?

4) Do both ends of column have sharp even cuts?
NO ragged edges?

5) From a different post, suggestion from James Ball is to make sure that the liner is not dirty.

Regards,

JMB
4 posts Page 1 of 1