GC Baseline Drift

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

I am working on getting my baseline to flatten out. I trimmed the column and changed inlet/septum, however, the baseline is still basically looking like this / . The software that we currently have is A.10.01 and I cannot find a place to edit the column length - do you think this is what my problem could be?

Thanks in advance!
There's so much you're not telling us...
Please add some detail.

Assuming you're using a capillary column, trimming a few CM from one end is not going to require a dimensional update to your instrument method.

Tell us more about your column dimensions, stationary phase composition and thickness and what you've done to try to correct the situation.
Thanks,
DR
Especially column phase and your oven temperature program. If you are getting near the limit for the phase or above it, then column bleed could be causing the problem.
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
uwosh,

The more info you supply, the better the reply.

BTW, what detector are you using. Huge part of the question since this is the thing that is actually providing the signal.

Best regards,

AICMM
4 posts Page 1 of 1