Autosystem XL gas chromatograph

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi!
I'm trying to breath new life to our old Autosystem XL GC.
And of course I count on your help.
In particular I'm curious if anyone have a description of those DIP switches located on the right hand side of the chromatograph. Those located near RS232 and GPIB sockets.

With my best regards
Andrzej
andrzej_w wrote:
Hi!
I'm trying to breath new life to our old Autosystem XL GC.
And of course I count on your help.
In particular I'm curious if anyone have a description of those DIP switches located on the right hand side of the chromatograph. Those located near RS232 and GPIB sockets.

With my best regards
Andrzej

While it isn't direct help, Perkin Elmer should be able to provide you with the manual to the instrument if you email them. I had to do this for the same system at my previous institution and for a PE 200 HPLC we were donated. I no longer have access to either or I'd send it your way.
hi andrzej, i have the same question, did you find out about the dip switches ? (i mailed PE maybe in august or september 2022, still waiting a reply)
and excuse my curiosity, but what software are you using with your PE XL ?
https://resources.perkinelmer.com/corpo ... anager.pdf
Check p. 180.
Mine is set to DIP switch 6 = on for RS232. The rest of the communication can take place through USB-RS232 adapter.

For software, I'm using TotalChrom 6.3.3, but Thermo Chromeleon 7.3 works too.
thanks a lot, pdf is about Link600 interface device, but seems to match with the Autosystem XL dip switches

i would like to create a RS232 driver for Unichrom, so i'm desperately looking for the PE command list, any clue ?
5 posts Page 1 of 1