Perkin Elmer Autosystem XL 0-1V FID output

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

9 posts Page 1 of 1
hi, does anyone knows where i can get the 0-1V FID(s) output on a Perkin Elmer Autosystem XL ?
Thanks for your help
Analog signal outputs are under the top cover.
Simply lift the top cover of the GC , and you will see array of connection points .
uzman wrote:
Simply lift the top cover of the GC , and you will see array of connection points .

Does anyone have experience with this? The connections are not obvious and I can't seem to find any information as to how to connect an A/D converted to the board.
There are connections such as Amp-A , Amp-B , Ready Out , Start Out .

You can connect the A/D converter signal input to Amp-A or B , depending on the FID position.
Positive input to HI , negative input to LO.

Also , you can connect the A/D converter start input to Start Out ; in order to start the data acquisition.
uzman wrote:

yes it was so obvious, i laughed when i discover the top panel

thanks uzman
gbreton wrote:
uzman wrote:

Does anyone have experience with this? The connections are not obvious and I can't seem to find any information as to how to connect an A/D converted to the board.

i searched a suitable software to use my PE XL GC for months, but it seems to be the most difficult thing to get :)

i finally connected a ADS1220 A/D (via an arduino) to my computer and visualize the captured data with ezData software

i'll share the arduino code with pleasure, let me know if you're interested or even if you just want to share experience about AD on a PE XL
uzman wrote:
There are connections such as Amp-A , Amp-B , Ready Out , Start Out .

You can connect the A/D converter signal input to Amp-A or B , depending on the FID position.
Positive input to HI , negative input to LO.

Also , you can connect the A/D converter start input to Start Out ; in order to start the data acquisition.

Great! thank you so much for your help!
chromolover wrote:
gbreton wrote:
uzman wrote:

i searched a suitable software to use my PE XL GC for months, but it seems to be the most difficult thing to get :)

i finally connected a ADS1220 A/D (via an arduino) to my computer and visualize the captured data with ezData software

i'll share the arduino code with pleasure, let me know if you're interested or even if you just want to share experience about AD on a PE XL

thanks chromolover. I have an A/D converter system that came with its own software. I just wasn't clear how to connect the converter box!
gbreton wrote:

thanks chromolover. I have an A/D converter system that came with its own software. I just wasn't clear how to connect the converter box!

ok i see, can you tell us witch converter ? and what is the software ? are they expensive ?

thanks
9 posts Page 1 of 1