Windows 98 PC died, need help finding A.06.03 for 6890A

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello, our small lab purchased a 6890A GC a few months back that came with a Win 98 PC with the ISA HPIB card and chemstation A.06.03 loaded onto it. The hard drive now seems completely dead after turning the computer off and trying to boot it again the next day. There are sadly no signs of life, even in an external drive bay.

I got the computer fixed with a new drive but we are struggling to find a copy of Chemstation A.06.03 and drivers for the card, and unfortunately the setup didn't come with the any disks or paperwork. If anyone could help us out with a disk image it would be truly appreciated by all of us at the lab, we sure miss the GC when its down.

I know it was stupid to be running an old drive with no backup, lesson learned. I will be making a full disk image the minute everything is working again, and will store it in multiple places. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!
I can supply replacement media for A.06.03 (or A.07.01, A.08.03, or A.09.03, or A.10.02). I can send a replacement CD, you would use your existing Chemstation license number.

This site does not have private messaging, so you'd need to post your E-mail address (suggest form of abc -at - xyz - dot - com). I do ask for a nominal fee.

I've also been able in the past to send as an ISO image, but I'd need to re-learn how to do that.

I've also in the past occasionally used the "honor system" and allowed folks to try first before sending payment.

So provide E-mail address if interested.
KM-USA wrote:
I can supply replacement media for A.06.03 (or A.07.01, A.08.03, or A.09.03, or A.10.02). I can send a replacement CD, you would use your existing Chemstation license number.

This site does not have private messaging, so you'd need to post your E-mail address (suggest form of abc -at - xyz - dot - com). I do ask for a nominal fee.

I've also been able in the past to send as an ISO image, but I'd need to re-learn how to do that.

I've also in the past occasionally used the "honor system" and allowed folks to try first before sending payment.

So provide E-mail address if interested.

Thank you so much for responding to me, I would be very interested in giving it a shot. Please contact me and we can discuss more. I've created a random email since I am posting it publicly but I will send you my personal email after you send me a message. It is equine dash piece zero two -at- icloud - dot - com.
Or make a brave step!

1. Install Linux (Debian flavors preferred)
2. Install Linux-GPIB package, your ISA IEEE-488 would be definitely supported
3. Install modern software UniChrom:
https://www.unichrom.com/chrom/ucdle.php
4. Configure your 6890
https://www.unichrom.com/hp6890/Agilent ... %20eng.pdf
5. Test and see if your machine is working.
6. As soon you are so brave and reached that point, you get free UniChrom license.

Nearly the same sequence for Windows except:
2. Install HP/Agilent IO libs or NI-488 (whatever fits your host adapter)
6. No free license for Windows
boulderco - I have sent (or tried to send) an E-mail, so if you receive that, you can respond through that.
5 posts Page 1 of 1