Agilent 7890B GC System w/7697A Headspace Sampler, ALS tower

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Thanks for taking your time to read my question.
I have an Agilent 7890B GC System w/7697A Headspace Sampler. The transfer line has been integrated into the gas line at the inlet of the GC. I would like to switch over to liquid injections using the ALS tower.
I can remove the transfer line by unscrewing the connection to the GC inlet, but this leaves an opening that prevents the inlet from maintaining proper pressure. :(

Is there a part number for a fitting that will seal this hole?

Is there a way I can configure the headspace unit to keep the transfer line in place and use the ALS tower for liquid injections?

The instrument is controlled by Empower 3.

I've gotten good advice from this forum in the past, and I'm hoping for more now.
Thanks again for your time.
I was running a similar setup with a purge and trap into the inlet, done by cutting the incoming gas line and sending it to the purge and trap then attaching the transfer line to the inlet, which I believe is what you have. I was able to mount an injection tower on the inlet and just make two methods, one using a remote sample introduction for the purge and trap and another using the ALS for injected samples. It works pretty well, but if you are doing a pressure pulse injection it will take longer to increase the pressure, with all the extra plumbing it has to flow through.
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
Hi there,
We have a 7890A with the same 7697A headspace sampler and 7693A autosampler tower. The transfer line from headspace sampler is attached directly into the inlet weldment so we can do either headspace or liquid injection when needed.
There is an assembly kit including the inlet weldment assembly which Agilent supplies. I think the part number is Agilent G3520A. I am assuming that it works for the 7890B as well but you will need to check into it.
Hope this helps.
Kevin.
3 posts Page 1 of 1