Gas CHROMATOGRAM different components CHART !!!

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Greetings everyone,
I have a simple Question! Is there a (scheme or a Chart or a bible) that I can download that shows all different components that might appear in the Gas Chromatography ?

I mean as a reference.

In case that I have got a new "unknown" peak
So, through its Retention's time can I identify what unknown component that might be !!!

Thank You all in advance.
Before posting on a forum as this one, please take the time to first read up on what Gas Chromatography is.

What you seek, a listing or table of "All" retention times for all, or even a few, compounds, does not exist, because GC, which is an analytical technique, does not work that way. There is no single method that yields ALL sample data (like you see on TV and in the Movies). Retention time is just one dimension of analysis of which many are needed to make any qualitative identifications.
There is no compilation of retention times, but there are compilations of retention indices. Google retention index gas chromatography and you will be able to find them on line.
Peter Apps
3 posts Page 1 of 1