Battery Voltage Error

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

7 posts Page 1 of 1
When turning on the GC-2010 Gas Chromatograph, the error "Battery Voltage Error" appears and the equipment does not communicate with the computer. Apparently, the battery (LITHIUM BATTERY CR-2032) that powers the computer's RAM memory must be replaced.
Does anyone know how to do it? Is it a simple procedure?
Thanks in advance.
Isn't CR-2032 a quite-common disc shaped battery used in computers, watches, garage openers, etc.???

I'm very computer stupid, and when my old Dell laptop (Windows 7) started losing its internal time, a Google search pointed to the "CMOS battery" which may have been that CR-2032 size, and I bought such new battery and installed it readily.

In other words: I think you'll find the disc shaped battery and will be able to replace it yourself.

Please don't ask me what CMOS is !!! I know it's different than sea moss.....
CR-2032 batteries are very common, I keep a couple spares at home. It will be in a holder on a circuit board. With any luck it will be easy to find and quick to replace.
Will the system loose settings when doing so? You will find out.
I hope that the circuit board where the battery is located is easily accessible.
I would not like to manipulate more components of the equipment because I do not know its internal structure well.
Just in case, in order to recover the settings, I will manually scroll through each screen and will take a picture of each one.
Thanks!
María García wrote:
I hope that the circuit board where the battery is located is easily accessible.
I would not like to manipulate more components of the equipment because I do not know its internal structure well.
Just in case, in order to recover the settings, I will manually scroll through each screen and will take a picture of each one.
Thanks!

Changing a battery on computer motherboard is not rocket science. Remember not to short circuit + and - poles (don't use metal tweezers).
Usually after changing CMOS battery default BIOS settings will load and probably you won't need to modify them.

BTW - are you sure it is computer battery not GC battery ?
It is the battery of GC. There is a small battery on the main board that keeps enough power running to hold the system configuration when the GC is off.
If the power starts to drop, you get a "Battery Voltage Error".
The battery has definitely died and the system configuration has been lost.
7 posts Page 1 of 1