Sensitivity loss after computer change.

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello,
We recently had a computer change for our Agilent 6890 with 5973 MS. Peak resolution in SIM mode is about 10% of what it was prior to the change with no instrument maintenance. DFTPP checks are about 1/2 of what they were in full scan. PFTBA Tune abundance was right where it should be. Any help would be appreciated.
Resolution or response loss?
Was it the same version of Chemstation?
What are the tune target parameters? Check using tune wizard. Try loading the last tune file off of the old system if it is still available. If not check what the conditions were from your last processed files on the old system versus the what is in the new one.
Thanks, Steve.
Tried to get here before anybody could reply. I didn't tune it, so the first thing I did when I got in was check the new tune parameters (which I was assured were checked.) The 69 max abundance was set to 500K and the injection volume was 1µL instead of 2. Apologies for posting before checking!
Another thing to watch for is if it is using Gain or Fixed for the EM. I have missed that before when upgrading a computer and not copying a method.
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
4 posts Page 1 of 1