Error column oven too slow response Scion GC

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi all,
Our Scion 436-GC is having problems stabilizing column oven temperature, and the error 109 "column oven too slow response" is showed.
Anyone can help me with these problem?
Thanks a lot!
Sol
Sol
I don't know your instrument but when I've had this sort of thing happen on my Agilent systems, it usually means the flapper motor has failed. There's likely a flap of some sort in the back that keeps the hot air in or lets it out. It's not a difficult repair on a 5890/6890.
It could be an electronic, electrical or mechanical problem. Unless you have lots of time to spend troubleshooting it is probably worth asking a service engineer to call.

Peter
Peter Apps
Thanks for your answers. I think it is the column oven temperature probe that is damage. I'll change it and tell you if we solve the problem.
Sol
4 posts Page 1 of 1