Shutdown Method For GC Agilent in Chromeleon 7

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello everyone,

Could someone help me how to create shutdown method for GC Agilent after running sequence?

I use GC 7890B with autosampler 7693, and GC 6850, for Chromeleon 7.2.10 Enterprise CDS.

In a few days, I trying to create shutdown method by script editor, but I cannot solve this. Every sequence running in queue, on the last injection is shutdown, but the sequence still running in queue although the GC is off (oven temperature, flow gases, and flame of FID).

Before this, I create shutdown method for HPLC Agilent 1260, 1100, HPLC Shimadzu Prominence iSeries 2030, LC20AD, LC30AD with detector variations. All of those instrument I can create the shutdown methods and running well. But for GC agilent, I'm stuck and not find anything from internet.

Could someone help me....

Thank you...
Do you use the Agilent ICF or the Agilent Drivers to control the 7890?
Which version of these?

Greetings
LCWGE
LCwatcherGE wrote:
Do you use the Agilent ICF or the Agilent Drivers to control the 7890?
Which version of these?

Greetings
LCWGE

I'm using Agilent Drivers for Thermo Chromeleon Version 2.2.16 for control Agilent GC 7890, 6890, and 6850.

Yesterday I tried to create shutdown method again for 7890 GC Agilent. Sequence has successful to upload from queue to data (server) automatically, if I create cooling method first and then shutdown method, in which the shutdown method are turn off the flow of gasses, turn off detector (FID) and inlet temperature control, but still turn on Oven temperature (standby on cooling temp 35 degrees C), and I added command (System.StopQueue - AfterCurrentSequence) for upload sequence automatically from queue.

If I Create the shutdown method with turn off all of the temperatures (include oven temperature), the last injection for shutdown method is always stuck running and sequence stuck on the queue. As if controller software waiting for GC to be ready but GC is not ready, because Oven Temperature is turn off.

Can I shutdown GC with all of temperatures are turned off?

If you have any suggestions, I would like to hear that.

Thankyou...

Best Regards
daewulll
3 posts Page 1 of 1