Connector for S shaped oxygen and moisture trap

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello to all. This is very simple question.
I need to replace the brass connector of a Supelco S-shaped Supelpure oxygen and moisture trap. I would like to know if there is a part number for that connector, it connects the 1/4" end of the S shaped supelpure oxygen/moisture trap with a 1/8" copper tubing. I recently bought the trap for my GC-MS and after seeing a huge leak i discovered that a cooper tubing tip was broken and stuck inside the connector. I could not remove it nor get any help from the local representative. I also tried contacting Swagelok (the number in the connector says Swagelok 316-BA9) but i had no luck, the catalog for that number does not match the shape of my connector, maybe it is specifically made for Supelco. I also tried contacting supelco through old emails, but they are no longer active

This is picture to clarifyImage
LInk: https://im.ge/i/TpiY6m

I would need to know if this part is sold, or a contact for getting in touch with a technical person in Supelco

Thank you
From your photo, looks to me that you just need a 1/4" to 1/8" SwageLok reducing union, in stainless steel. That part will come with new ferrules and nuts.

Likely you could use brass or other material reducer too.
Consumer Products Guy wrote:
From your photo, looks to me that you just need a 1/4" to 1/8" SwageLok reducing union, in stainless steel. That part will come with new ferrules and nuts.

Likely you could use brass or other material reducer too.

Thank You Consumer Products Guy . one thing I forgot to specify is that inside that reduction there is a screen mesh (to prevent particulate matter of the trap going into the copper line). I will try to check again with Swagelok for a reducing union as you stated, with the screen mesh
PabloY wrote:
one thing I forgot to specify is that inside that reduction there is a screen mesh (to prevent particulate matter of the trap going into the copper line). I will try to check again with Swagelok for a reducing union as you stated, with the screen mesh

I think you could "engineer" a similar screen from metal mesh or glass wool.
4 posts Page 1 of 1