CDC for GC MS/FID

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello Analytical Chemists community,

I am working on upgrading Agilent 7890B GC-FID  with 5977A MS detector and have a question in regards to software operation system. Does anyone have experience using OpenLAB CDS 2.6 or MassHunter 10 for the GCMS/FID system? Data acquisition, processing, reports for both FID and MS. If so, could you provide feedback on pros and cons. Would you recommend one over another?

Thanks,

Olga
ofurman wrote:
Hello Analytical Chemists community,

I am working on upgrading Agilent 7890B GC-FID  with 5977A MS detector and have a question in regards to software operation system. Does anyone have experience using OpenLAB CDS 2.6 or MassHunter 10 for the GCMS/FID system? Data acquisition, processing, reports for both FID and MS. If so, could you provide feedback on pros and cons. Would you recommend one over another?

Thanks,

Olga

Will OpenLab even process the MS data?

MassHunter is good software, but if you have the option to install the MSDChemstation/Enviroquant version F for the data workup I would do that as it will be more similar to the OpenLAB and not require a separate Qual and Quant program open at the same time to view the whole chromatogram when reviewing the Quantative data at the same time.

I have not used OpenLAB except a little on one HPLC so not sure how it works on the MS, but I still like the MS data processing much better than OpenLAB and the old Chemstation B.
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
James, Thank you. I think it is new option from Agilent to use of OpenLab suite with 2.6CDM on MS.
3 posts Page 1 of 1