Agilent 6890N Mux ADC Thermal Shutdown

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi All

After a thunderstorm a Agilent GC 6890N had the fault 240 MUX ADC Thermal shutdown with a injection inlet fault. I was able to get the GC and 5973N MSD working again. An injection can even be made and run (did not let finish) if the enhanced data analysis takes a snapshot during the run the thermal fault returns with an oven fault. The circuit breakers and other lines seem to be ok. I figure the snapshot from the EDA shows the main board is at fault. do you agree that the main board is very likely the issue?

thank you for your time

I did read related posts
Most likely your 6890 mainboard is hosed. The same thing happened to me recently.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=111334#p418574
I bought a new board direct from Agilent for $2800. It comes with an illustrated checklist for how to do the swap. Its easy to do but best if you have someone familiar with electronics antistatic protocol to help you. GTLS is Great Lakes Technical Services.
https://www.greatlakestechnical.com/
2 posts Page 1 of 1