Thermo TriPlus RSH Syringe Removal Help

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
I am struggling to get the syringe changed on my Triplus RSH sampler. It appears I have to remove the tool in order to get the retaining nut off the syringe (already loosened) and slide the syringe up through the top. The tool has dowels to the head but I can not figure out how it is secured. I have already removed the injector from the syringe.

Can anyone help?

As far as I can tell by the picture you have removed the autosampler-head in order to change te syringe. Unless something is wrong this is not necessary.

The standard procedure would be:
- have the autosampler park its tool:
* I use Exalibur and when in the sequence-vieuw you have a pane on the left where your instruments are.
* click on the autosampler. -> you should see the status of the autosampler and have a button 'terminal'. click on it. you will see a virtual controler for the autosampler. If you have this controler on your autosampler (optional) you can use this one as well it is identical
*scroll down the menu to select 'RobotArmLeft' by clicking it.
* click options and select "park tool".
* select "RobotArmLeft" and then "options" again and select "move to home".

you can now acces the tool that has been parked and proceed with removing the syringe.

- take the tool from the toolstation, unscrew the black retaining nut that is holding the syringe and then you can remove the syringe.
- simply replace the syringe, put it back in the tool and then put the tool back into the toolchanger.
- when starting your analysis the autosampler will automatically pick up the correct tool.

maybe this can help:
https://assets.thermofisher.com/TFS-Assets/CMD/manuals/Man-31709640-GC-TriPlus-RSH-Hardware-Man31709640-EN.pdf
pag 53 and probably best in your case is pag 151
2 posts Page 1 of 1