Problem with TD-20 thermal desorption unit

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
We have a problem with TD-20 thermal desorption unit (Shimadzu). When we try to run samples, it appeared a message 'Desorber error (Carrier) occurred'. At the same time, sampling Tenax tube was pressed too tight to support. As a result, the positioning engine moved constantly and made a strange sound. Did someone have the same problem, and what were the possibilities to solve it?
Change desorber. It has a lot of problems. I had it for years.
The most important problems is the absence of a electronic leak check at each run, so that if you have a leak you cannot know it and you fail the analysis.
CrisTheChemist wrote:
Change desorber. It has a lot of problems. I had it for years.
The most important problems is the absence of a electronic leak check at each run, so that if you have a leak you cannot know it and you fail the analysis.

Thanks for the answer. It is basically what we did. It was replaced with TD-30R.
Very good.
Can I ask you how does it works? Do you are satisfied of the TD-30? Are there some troubles?
I have a Perkin Elmer desorber now.

thank you
CrisTheChemist wrote:
Very good.
Can I ask you how does it works? Do you are satisfied of the TD-30? Are there some troubles?
I have a Perkin Elmer desorber now.

thank you

We got TD-30R. It's better than TD-20. Two main advantages are possibility to restore samples and leak check. It's all easier to change O-rings. Troubles... Some issues with TD and GC-MS software interaction. It damages O-rings quicker than TD-20.
5 posts Page 1 of 1