Agilent Intuvo comments

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
I know there is a thread in 2017 when Intuvo just came out, and so not many chemists have experience with it.
Wondering if any more updated comments on it?
I am thinking to update our 7890A - 5975C to intuvo - 5975C. Agilent rep discouraged me on 2 weaknesses of intuvo: Guard chip requires method modification and probably revalidation and loss of mid-column backflush. He recommends 8890 instead. Well, I know 8890 is a full GC and will bring more functions. But from the performance angle, is there any bad thing about intuvo so far? I am running pesticide residue from produce samples, but not many samples actually. I moved almost everything to LC/MS, except OC.
Maybe this is still helpful: we have been working with the Intuvo for 2 years and can not recommend it! Constant leaks in the bus and chip system, many expensive service visits and a still not functioning system. We have an exchange for an 8890 in mind.
Greetings
Volker
You can do mid column backflush on an intuvo, though the maintenance is done differently than a typical GC. The intuvo has a lot of nice benefits, but it is true that there can be problems with leaks. For example the compression bolts that are used to seal the fittings need to be replaced from time to time or will leak. IMO 8890 and intuvo are both good options.
3 posts Page 1 of 1