7890B Agilent NO Peaks

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi All, I am having a heck of a time troubleshooting my problem. My 7890B is not registering any peaks (except for the ignition peak). My column is a DB-WAX 530. What I have tried:
Replace Septum, Inlet filter, entire Inlet bracket assembly, Jet, and column.
I have baked the column, I have rinsed the column, I have recut and reinstalled the column.
I have manually injected sample, I have cleaned the syringe, I have confirmed it is drawing sample.
I have confirmed that gas there is no plug in the column, the gas is getting through beautifully.
I get baseline changes at different temperatures and there is a detection upon ignition, so it should not be the detector.
It ignites easily without issue.
I have checked all the lines for leaks.

I am at a complete loss as to what else it can be.
Help?
What are you injecting ? What is the column head pressure , split ratio , injector temperature etc ?
you need more data to let us know where the problem is.
If it were me, I would try a couple of other things at this point. 1) I would shoot some organic vapor, acetone headspace or what not, at the inside of the chimney of the FID. Should see a big signal if the FID is fine.

Next, I would remove the column from a cool inlet and inject some solvent directly onto the head of the column (as best as possible). Then re-connect the column and turn the oven up. Look for peak.

This is where I would go next....

Best regards,
4 posts Page 1 of 1