TCD suddenly has no peak

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

6 posts Page 1 of 1
TCD has no peak signal suddenly. I can hear the TCD clicking, the gas ratio is reference 18ml/min, makeup plus column 6ml/min), temperature for TCD detector is 225 degree C. The carrier gas is Ar. The TCD detector doesn't broken.I use same column and same method every day. There is no any peak suddenly, could someone help me out? Thank you very much!
When you zoom in to the signal, is it absolutely flat, or is there some noise when you zoom in as tight as you can?

How do you know the detector is functional if you're not getting any signal?

Manufacturer and model numbers may help.
What GC? Check resistance of filaments. Real flow at outlets TCD? Temperature of working filaments?
Check resistance of filaments.
Most commonly no peak issues are syringe related, or no column flow to detector.
Thank you for all your replies! I figured out it because the column was blocked.
6 posts Page 1 of 1