CFT Splitter reviews and opinions

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi everybody,

I write to ask for opinions about the use of splitter systems in order to perform simultaneous analysis with different detectors. Indeed, I would carry out analysis of gasseous emissions with 3 different detectors (MS-FID-PFPD). Some companies offered me "Y" glass, while only Agilent offered me the CFT splitter.
Does anyone use this system?
I am really interested in this CFT splitter, but I would like to see if, in addition to the advantages, there are operating problems or similar.

Many thanks
If one of your detectors runs at sub-ambient pressure such as the MSD, it is important that your splitter has a make up gas capability. You would set this pressure to say 2 psi, then you know what the pressure is at the exit of your column so that the correct head pressure can be applied for the flow that you need. You then also have the "head" pressure for the restrictors that you will need to set the split ratios for each detector.

Gasman
Y-connectors are flexible but not very handy. With some luck they can be even reused.
Once we did true Dean switch from Y-connectors.
Restek provides lots of that stuff
https://www.restek.com/Supplies-Accesso ... Connectors

Agilent CFT is much more convenient if their prices would not stop you.
Probably Agilent has lowest dead volume in their CFT.
Thank you so much for your replay. Sorry for my delay, but I have not received the notifications.
So, if I have MSD it is necessary che use of a CFT splitter,correct? Do you know if the 3-ways splitter is robust and useful?
Thank you in advance
4 posts Page 1 of 1