Bruker 450-GC Activated method rejected by GC

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
I have a Bruker/Varian 450/3800 GC. When I activate a method, the software says "activated method rejected by GC 0xffffffff.

Any answers?

GC software version is 4.05 computer software is MS workstation 7.0

Thanks in advance
First of all, is it a 450 or a 3800? Those are two totally separate models-the 450 was released under Varian ownership and is a very much updated version of the 3800(which is a great GC but has its quirks). I have not personally used a 450, but have a 3800.

For one thing, MS Workstation will throw an error if you set up a method that doesn't match how the instrument is configured. At least in the 3800 days, there were two common injector designs(and several specialty ones) and among other things if you don't have the correct one selected in the method, MS Workstation will prompt you to fix it. In 6.9.3, this is generally done automatically when you edit the method.

Have you tried editing the method you're using? If not, try doing so, and if there is a mis-match see if it sets off alarms and allow it to fix anything that's wrong. Once that's done, save the method, reactivate it(it should ask if you want to do that after you exit method editor) and see if the error persists.
I have seen this on instruments running workstation v.7 and have never been able to resolve it (other than going back to software v. 6.9.3 - so it appears software related). It doesn't actually stop the method from loading or the instrument running normally, so if you don't mind putting up with the error messages you can carry on...or go back to v6.9.3.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.atlas-labservices.com
3 posts Page 1 of 1