Splitless liner vs. split liner in split injections

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
I am running a residual solvent method on a 6890 with FID. The method calls for a split ratio of 48:1. What are the ramifications of using a splitless liner for this injection scheme vs. using the split liner. I would normally just put in a split liner and not worry about it, but the testing methods are given to me by another department, and I believe that they mat have made a mistake. :?:
Mcoskrey wrote:
I am running a residual solvent method on a 6890 with FID. The method calls for a split ratio of 48:1. What are the ramifications of using a splitless liner for this injection scheme vs. using the split liner. I would normally just put in a split liner and not worry about it, but the testing methods are given to me by another department, and I believe that they mat have made a mistake. :?:

Hello Mcoskrey,

please have alook in Your Chemstation CD, You will find under tools the nice program "Flowcalc". Here is a decision helper to select the right liner.
(Injectionvolume-Temperature-Pressure-Vapourvolume)
Normally splitliner for splitinjection because of the high injection speed and big vaporizationvolume and pressureincreasing inside the inlet.
Take Part #: 5062-3587 (universal) or typical split: 18740-60840

Ok?

Regards
Bernd
bm
2 posts Page 1 of 1