system blank using a 6890N operating on MSD chemstation

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi All

I am trying to perform a system blank that will allow me to look at the acquired chromatograph after it has ran. I know you can run a system blank through the GC keypad but I need to be able to look at the chromatograph later.

I found a blog from restek about performing a system blank.
https://blog.restek.com/?p=2704

However the advice in the blog didn't work on the GC I am using.
It suggested leaving the vial position empty in the sequence table.
when I did this an error message came up saying invalid vial position.

How do I perform a system blank where I can acquire the data ?

Thanks,
Chemiger
99 problems and chromatography is every one !
Take the syringe out of the autosampler.
This is a reply that I gave to a forum user some time ago, and it worked for that user

I am not a mass spec user or masshunter user, but the following works with the normal ChemStation. Talking with a colleague who is familiar with masshunter, thinks it may work.

1. Configure a valve on your GC to be a Gas Sampling valve. This can be done even if you do not have valves installed on your GC.
2. Select the injection source as the gas sampling valve.
3. Save the method using a unique name such as blank.m
4. Set up a sequence and enter '1' for the vial number and using the method 'blank.m'

Now run your one line sequence and see if it works.

If it works, then just include this entry into your normal sequence table.

Gasman
Put an empty vial in the autosampler.
Peter Apps
4 posts Page 1 of 1