Halocarbons

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello!

Any body have experience with halocarbons (freons) testing. The question is it is possible check halocarbons purity with GC FID detector? I find from agilent column guide parameters their is GC gas pro column and detector MSD.
Hi!

If your baseline is really clen and stable it is possible to check purity of halocarbones but with low reliability.

For example. I check residual organic solvents in substance. One solvent is chloroform at 6 ppm. So I can see around 4 - 6 ppm of chloroform quantity, less amount only qualitative definition because signal/noise becom less then 10.

So make model mix and check what the smallest amount you can see.

PS: FID for halocarbons is not good desicion. ECD good )
thanks, for your answer. I need check freons R410A, that is mix of difluormethane and pentafluormethane, and 50/50 percent mix. I dont need check small concentration ppm. That i ask about FID detector
3 posts Page 1 of 1