Automatic timer 40 amps for hot plates

Discussions about sample preparation: extraction, cleanup, derivatization, etc.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,
I cannot find high amps automatic timer for hot plate, that can be programmed to turn on or off at certain time. I found one at Home Depot and it worked for lamp but doesn’t work for hot plate. I don’t know the amps of hot plate. If anyone has any idea, please let me know
Thanks a bunch
bdhedhy19 wrote:
I cannot find high amps automatic timer for hot plate, that can be programmed to turn on or off at certain time. I found one at Home Depot and it worked for lamp but doesn’t work for hot plate. I don’t know the amps of hot plate. If anyone has any idea, please let me know. Thanks a bunch

Since your hot plate plugs into a standard receptacle, it pulls less than 15 amps.
So a timer like this will work, I use for my standalone ice machine.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Defiant-15- ... /203677447

If your receptacle looks like this, then it's 20-amp
40 amps would mean it is a 220/240Volt hotplate. Not sure I have seen any 220 volt timers at home depot or lowes. You might try Grainger, they deal with farm and industrial type products.

Edit,

Well I did find one at home depot

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Intermatic- ... /203557614

Is that something that might work?
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
I found one at Grainger Industrial as you suggested, exactly the one I was looking for!
Regards
4 posts Page 1 of 1