peroxide transfer from textiles to water

Discussions about sample preparation: extraction, cleanup, derivatization, etc.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello,

We use peroxide chemicals at a stage in textile pretreatments.

We would like to make an analysis as to whether there is any peroxide residue left on the textile product.

We have a method to detect peroxide in the water and it works.

I'm just wondering: can I pre-treat the textile, and if so, can I put the peroxide on it? So I can go to the conclusion by making peroxide determination in the water I obtain.
I would take a test sample of fabric, treat with a known amount of peroxide, extract with a measured quantity of water and see what the recovery is. I would then repeat with increasing time intervals to see if the time from treatment until extraction is critical. Any other variables in the process could be similarly tested.

If there are any regulatory standards that apply, they should be followed.
2 posts Page 1 of 1