DIONEX ASE 350

Discussions about sample preparation: extraction, cleanup, derivatization, etc.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
We have an ASE 350 system in our lab, 4 years old, and the system is not releasing the 250 ml bottle from the needle assembly. It pulls the bottle up and then tries to move to the next bottle and the tray gets jammed. No error message when it can't release the bottle. Any ideas as to what the issue is? I have checked all pressures on the lines.
Hi lkimpe,

I can think of a few possibilities:
  • The collection tray may be slightly out of alignment.
  • The source or vent needles may be damaged and pulling on the vial septa when they retract. (There's a metal pole on the needle assembly that is intended to strip the vial away if this happens.)
  • The needle up/down air cylinder or up/down solenoid valve may be faulty.

I would recommend scheduling an onsite service visit with your local Thermo service rep.
Best regards,

John Guajardo
Senior Product Manager
Thermo Fisher Scientific
2 posts Page 1 of 1