Which micropipette model for solvents

Discussions about sample preparation: extraction, cleanup, derivatization, etc.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello everyone,

I post this message because i need to buy micropipettes that are resistant to solvents. In our lab, we already have Biohit Sartorius model that are not adapted to solvents like methanol or ethyl acetate (the piston sometimes hangs). I am advised to take the model "gilson classic" and I wanted to know if some of you knew this model well ? Or if another model would be suitable for my use (pharmacology-toxicology lab with LC and GC, and use of classic solvents and chemical products related to this activity)

Thank you for your help
Methanol and ethyl acetate are not that agressive, and are very common solvents, so I'd expect all pipets to do well with them. At least when you don't drown your pipet in it.

Are you sure the solvent (vapor) is causing the problem?
Before it comes to choosing specific model you should decide whether you need air cushion or positive displacement pipette (IMHO you need the latter).
3 posts Page 1 of 1