Dilution Factor For Method 9056

Discussions about sample preparation: extraction, cleanup, derivatization, etc.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
I am using a Dionex Aquion with an IonPac AG22 column and Chromeleon 7 to measure inorganic Anions (mainly chloride) in solid fuel. I am prepping the sample by combustion then washing the bomb/crucible with 100 mL of DI water. The samples can range up to 3000 ppm Cl so I need to dilute some samples even further using 10 mL of bomb washings then filling 50 mL with Di water.

If I run the 100 mL washings my dilution factor in Chromeleon would be 100.
If I use the 10 mL then dilute to a total of 50 mL then dilution would be 500, correct?

Does anyone have any experience with this sample prep technique, and have any helpful hints?

Thank you very much.
If you are using 10ml of the original 100ml prep then bringing it to 50ml, then you add multiply what ever the first dilution was by 5x.

To calculate a dilution of a dilution you multiply the two dilution factors.
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
2 posts Page 1 of 1