Plant Extraction Help

Discussions about sample preparation: extraction, cleanup, derivatization, etc.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello, I am trying to measure how much Ethylene Glycol is absorbed in plant. I am not sure how to extract he plant to analyze on GC-FID. Do i just mix the plant with water and then filter or is there something different. Can anybody point me into the right direction. Thank you for all your guy's help
Depending on the plant material I would start by grinding or mashing the plant material up in water. Then filter and see what happens. See if there is a problem with the matrix before you commit a procedure.
Steve Reimer wrote:
Depending on the plant material I would start by grinding or mashing the plant material up in water. Then filter and see what happens. See if there is a problem with the matrix before you commit a procedure.

oh ok i will try that thanks
3 posts Page 1 of 1