Triflic acid/trifluoromethanesulfonic acid handling

Discussions about sample preparation: extraction, cleanup, derivatization, etc.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
I will be working on a protocol that uses Triflic acid. I have never used this before. I received it in ampules and couldn't find a handling procedure online. Please share your experience with handling triflic acid safely. Specifically: I need to know under what conditions should I open the ampule, how should I store the reminder after getting the amount that I need from the ampule (vessel and condition)

Thank you for the inputs.
When I used it in the '80s, I had a set amount that I needed for the reaction I was doing. I aliquoted out the amount required for the reaction (<1 mL) and put each aliquot in a flame sealed vial under argon. If you don't have the vials to flame seal, screw caps may work. I had the vials and setup so it was easy for me.
2 posts Page 1 of 1