Accelerated Rate of Release testing

Discussions about sample preparation: extraction, cleanup, derivatization, etc.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

I have performed dissolution testing in the past, mostly on pharmaceutical products and certainly understood the theory of what was happening, etc...

Currently, I need to start developing my own accelerated release rate methods on non-pharmaceutical products and I was curious if anyone has any papers or publications they could recommend in regards to correlating accelerated release rate with actual release rate.

A lot of products I will be developing these correlation and methods for are 30, 60, and 90 day persistent tablets. Performing actual studies on all various prototypes is very time consuming and cost prohibitive process.

While I will certainly need to do some in-life release rate studies, but if there are any theoretical models I can start from when it comes to developing accelerated dissolution methods, that would be great.

Mostly just looking for anyone with this type of expertise that could point me towards some literature or other resources.

Hopefully this form is ok to post this on, I didn't think it fit with the subject matter of the other forums.
In my readings I haven't seen anything. But the person to ask is Ken Boda (see attached profile).

https://www.linkedin.com/in/kenboda/
There are also at least a couple of different dissolution forums out there (USP Dissolution discussion group, DDG, Agilent's Varian dissolution group etc.). Google it. Among the vendor sponsored forums, USP and LinkedIn, there are many resources.
Thanks,
DR
3 posts Page 1 of 1