525.3?

Discussions about sample preparation: extraction, cleanup, derivatization, etc.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Our old 6890/5973 is on it's last legs and getting a 7890/5977 by the end of the month. We are contemplating moving to 525.3 for the "ECD" compounds using sim/scan.

Has anyone had experience with 525.3? I am a little leery of all the extra QA/QC with the method. What are your thought?

We use a very old Autotrace to do the extractions. Anyone have a program for 525.3 that they could post?

Thanks
Bear
I am just starting on this for our samples. Since the state here only requires one Adiapate and one Phthalate in the normal semi volatiles list and Benzo(a)pyrene I have been working on those first. The adiapate and phthalate only need to be calibrated down to 1ppm while the Benzo(a)pyrene has to go down to 0.02ppm so that will work perfect for combined SIM/Scan, using SIM for the PAH.

After I get that working I plan to switch the Method 507 analytes over to 525.3, then the 508 list. Just taking it in small bites since I have to do all the MRL and DOC studies and update certifications and such.

We do the extractions on a manual manifold so I don't know if I can help on that one.

Are you getting the Multi Mode Inlet on that 5977? I would love to know how well large volume injections or even the Cold Split/Splitless mode works for 525.3.
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
2 posts Page 1 of 1