standard preparation

Discussions about sample preparation: extraction, cleanup, derivatization, etc.

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello,
I have a stock solution concentration of 1 mg/ml for 18 individual standards. i need to prepare a mixture of standards of these 18 stds where the compounds need to be mixed at a concentration of 10 microgram/ml and i need a final volume of 10 ml of this mix solution. Could somebody please elaborate the calculation. Thanks.
10 microgram per ml equals .01 mg/ml.

Multiply .01 times FV of 10 ml = 0.1 mg

0.1 mg times 1 mg/ ml = 0.1 ml or 100 microliters
Don Shelly
LGC Standards
Hi Don,
Thanks for the reply. So if i add 100 microlitres of 1 mg/ml of all the 18 stds into a tube i will get final mixture concentration of 10 microgram/ml. Is that right?

Regards,
Sri
sriharshabio wrote:
Hi Don,
Thanks for the reply. So if i add 100 microlitres of 1 mg/ml of all the 18 stds into a tube i will get final mixture concentration of 10 microgram/ml. Is that right?

Regards,
Sri

and take to a 10 ml final volume with solvent.
Don Shelly
LGC Standards
ok thank You

Regards,
Sri
Hi

Another way of expressing it is

1mg/ml = 1x10-3g/ml = 1x10-4g/100ul

100ul diluted to 10ml
=1x10-4g in 10ml
=1x10-5g in 1ml
0r 10x10-6 in 1ml
=10ug/ml

So yes, 100uL of each - a total 1.8mls made up 10mls will give 10ug/ml

But you really should be capable of working this out for yourself :-)

Regards

Ralph
Regards

Ralph
6 posts Page 1 of 1