Where to purchase a solid sampler?

Discussions about sample preparation: extraction, cleanup, derivatization, etc.

141 posts
Hi Joe

Re centrifugation.

Since you are getting a clear layer after centifugation I would still argue that it is just a question of time under the conditions that you are using. Gravity always wins

There have been some interesting studies carried out by many students proving the correlation between the increasing effect of gravity versus the number of pints consumed :-)

I hope that you have enough clear sample to work with.

Kind regards

Ralph
Regards

Ralph
Eh, it was a thought. Putting them in the freezer will most likely be loads cheaper. But good to know you can use liquid nitrogen if you need to extract them right now.

But, I guess that would mean that the mites are not vomiting.
Hi Joe

green colouration

Your green colouration is likely to be from the leaf component colours after ingestion by the mite

The colours of some of the bands on your TLC plate in an earlier post are consistent with those expected from a leaf extract, separating the green colour into xanthophylls carotene and chlorophyll

From my studies, they are also consistent

I will try to find that study

Regards

Ralph
Regards

Ralph
141 posts