analytic standard for ethylene oxide

Discussions about sample preparation: extraction, cleanup, derivatization, etc.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
for ethylene oxide residual test, i need analytic standard for ethylene oxide.

Could you help me about producer company?

Best Regards
Hi

I found it best to buy pre-prepared standards in solution.

I used to buy it as a standard solution in sealed ampoules from

http://www.greyhoundchrom.com/search.as ... lene+oxide

or

http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/catalog/pro ... &region=GB

Originally, I used to make standards by dispensing from a lab cylinder of ethylene oxide but I found that it was far easier and safer and ultimately cheaper to use the pre-prepared standards

Cool the ampoule in the fridge before opening and further diluting to your required standard.

The analysis was for residual EO in ethoxylated non-ionic detergents

Regards

Ralph
Regards

Ralph
Hi

As additional comments

1. I used to favour, for economy, buying the 1000ppm standard and then diluting to my required level for standard addition analysis. The diluted standard I would then store in screw cap septum sealed 2ml autosampler vials in the freezer.

2. Ensure that your column/detector can resolve EO from acetaldehyde. which can give a false positive.

Regards

Ralph
Regards

Ralph
GOM wrote:
Hi

As additional comments

1. I used to favour, for economy, buying the 1000ppm standard and then diluting to my required level for standard addition analysis. The diluted standard I would then store in screw cap septum sealed 2ml autosampler vials in the freezer.

2. Ensure that your column/detector can resolve EO from acetaldehyde. which can give a false positive.

Regards

Ralph

Most of my work has been with volatile analysis, so we use the Mini-inert caps on 1-5ml reaction vials. The slide closure and septum will allow you to draw from the vial repeatedly without losing the volatile analytes. We also store the vials in a freezer as -18C when not in use.
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
That is a very useful comment and another way that I hadn't considered in my reply

I have also used these Mini-inert vials successfully

My use of of the 2ml autosampler vials were as a single use disposable standard for economy.. I could also have used 1ml vials.

Regards

Ralph
Regards

Ralph
5 posts Page 1 of 1