how to extract active from ointment ??

Discussions about sample preparation: extraction, cleanup, derivatization, etc.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
my actives r nadifloxacin and clobetasole.... hv tried with MeOH and also with DCM:MeOH..... but problem is that i m getting a lot interference in UV..... So should i stop trying for UV??? PLz Suggest
This is not in my realm of experience but what's the makeup of the remainder of the ointment? Is it too difficult to dissolve it all and then use solid-phase extraction to isolate the active ingredients?
rb6banjo wrote:
This is not in my realm of experience but what's the makeup of the remainder of the ointment?

This is the important question, you need to dissolve or at least really disperse the matrix in the extracting solvent, which ideally should also be a real good solvent for the two actives.

Also, what are the two actives soluble in?

Also, I don't understand "I'm getting a lot interference in UV..... So should i stop trying for UV???". Are you trying to analyze by UV, or HPLC with a UV detector ? I'd say your chances would be way better with HPLC-UV !

Anyway, like Banjo stated: we need more information.
3 posts Page 1 of 1