CTC Combipal stripey screen of death

Discussions about sample preparation: extraction, cleanup, derivatization, etc.

8 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello All

I have just restarted a CTC Combipal after not using it for several months, and the controller terminal screen shows green stripes on a black background, and then green stripes obliterating most of the text on subsequent screens. As far as I can tell from the little bit that I can see the scroll wheel and buttons are functioning correctly.

Has anyone seen this, were you able to fix it, and how ?

I have e-mailed CTC also.

Thanks

Peter
Peter Apps
I have had the same problem.

Refurb of the LCD display is the way to go, or you can just ignore it if you controll the machine from a computer.

We had a local service provider do it, but I'm shure CTC can do it to.
Thanks Forse.

I am waiting for a price for a replacement screen - unfortunately the instrument that the sampler is currently on does not have the control software. Manual injections will serve in the meantime.

Peter
Peter Apps
You'r welcome.

I don't know how the screen is attached to the circuitboard. It may be soldered, but if you'r good with a soldering iron it's probably easy to fix.

Else I think most places that refurb LCD screens can do the repair. I know LCD screens are often repaired in the car industry, so maybe it is easier to find a solution in that industry.
That screen failed on us several times a few years back. The replacement was around of $500 USD.
Running at close to $1000 now !

Peter
Peter Apps
Most LCDs have a ribbon cable for communication , and sometimes they loose contact with their socket.
If you can disassemble the panel and reach LCD , you may try to push the cable into the socket , or a little move back or forth may solve the problem.
Thanks uzman, I've tried that, and a few other things to no avail.

Peter
Peter Apps
8 posts Page 1 of 1