Extraction of Cholecalciferol (Vit D3) from oil for RP

Discussions about sample preparation: extraction, cleanup, derivatization, etc.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

In a spot of bother. Not had much experience extracting from oils so any help is appreciated.

I have a sample of Vit D3/Cholecalciferol in oil and would like to extract to aqueous as i have a good RP method waiting. I am looking for the easiest process for extracting the Cholecalciferol from the oil and into an aqueous phase. Anyone who has any experience with oils who would like to help, its appreciated.

Cheers
I'm not even sure if that thing will be happy to move to water from lipids in the first place
Alcohol?
LC_addict wrote:
Hi All,

In a spot of bother. Not had much experience extracting from oils so any help is appreciated.

I have a sample of Vit D3/Cholecalciferol in oil and would like to extract to aqueous as i have a good RP method waiting. I am looking for the easiest process for extracting the Cholecalciferol from the oil and into an aqueous phase. Anyone who has any experience with oils who would like to help, its appreciated.

Cheers

I would suggest a dilution with n-hexane followed by a normal phase SPE cleanup using Florisil or silica gel to retain the polar co-extractives, and elute Vitamin D3 using weak solvent, such as 10% acetone in n-hexane, you may need to optimize the elution solvent and its volume so that you can get high analyte recovery and minimum interfering peaks. Here's an application you can start with: https://www.unitedchem.com/sites/defaul ... acts_1.pdf

Please contact me at xwang@unitedchem.com if you have any questions about this method.

Best,
Xiaoyan
LC_addict wrote:
Hi All,

Cheers

Hi, I am working on Vit D2 & D3 analysis in food. I am using a C18 column but is not getting a good recovery on my samples. Can you share your experience in the Vit D3 analysis? Thanks, ;)
5 posts Page 1 of 1