Multiresidues Analysis Method Development

Discussions about sample preparation: extraction, cleanup, derivatization, etc.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Dear all,

I hope this is the right place to post.

I were given a task recently to develop a pesticide residue analytical method consisting 85 compounds in the drainage extract of a food processing mill.

The problem with this task is that I am not able to get a blank sample to start with my spiking and recovery test.

An idea pop up just now that I might be able to use deuterated compound as the analyte for the recovery studies and so on, the question is not all compounds contain deuterated standard and the cost to obtain deuterated standard is so high.

In your opinion, can I use representative analyte for method development? If the answer is can, anyone here tested it before and how should I start? Any criteria for the selection of representative analyte?

Hope someone in here can help me or this may be a start for discussion.

Sorry for the bad language.

Regards
Kenny
I would start with tap-water to get the method up and running.
To evaluate extraction you might try double addition to your matrix samples. e.g. sample ; sample +100ng/l ; sample +250ng/l and evaluate the differences in concentration.
Thanks a lot, will try it out soon.
Kenny
3 posts Page 1 of 1