Australian supplier of acetyl chloride?

Discussions about sample preparation: extraction, cleanup, derivatization, etc.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
I am looking for an Australian supplier of acetyl chloride for preparation of fatty acid methyl esters. Are there any Aussie analysts on the board who have a good source of this chemical? It appears to be a rather rare bird here.

Yes, I know I could use 1 - 2% sulfuric acid in methanol instead, but I am trying to transfer an existing protocol and would rather source it locally rather than qualifying a new derivatization reagent. Any suggestions would be welcome.
http://www.merckmillipore.com/australia ... ch+results

I think you can get it from EMD/Merck/Millipore (I can't tell which company owns this part of their business).
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
2 posts Page 1 of 1