Problems with the derivatization of a perfluorinated acid

Discussions about sample preparation: extraction, cleanup, derivatization, etc.

17 posts Page 2 of 2

Hi Don_Hilton,

Thanks for your reply.

The results are getting worse day by day means that sometime even if I follow the same procedure, I dont get the peak. I dont reuse the Polypropylene vials.But I do keep my stock solution in PP vial and have been using it from the same vial for a couple of weeks.( I think PFOA wont react with the PP material).

The liner that we use is glasswool based on my understanding. But I can be wrong....have to check it with my labmates. I didnt know that inlet temperature has a big role. I will make sure that it is the same as in the paper. The carrier gas is Helium with a flow rate of 1.0 ml/min.

Also does manual injection has any advantage over the autosampling in terms of accuracy or reducing the contamination or anything?

I do feel that I missed out so much details in my previous posts which make it hard for many of you to diagnose the problems...Sorry about that!

juniorchem

Beware that liner - if it collects garbage, the garbage man "eat" your analyates. Be sure that it is changed frequently. Old liners go in the trash. New liners come out of the box from a good vendor. (Unless you clean and deactivate used liners - and this is discussed elsewhere on this site.)

The autosampler should give the most consistent injections.
17 posts Page 2 of 2