GERSTEL misalignment issues

Discussions about sample preparation: extraction, cleanup, derivatization, etc.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I just joined as a R&D chemist recently. I've been assigned to handle the GERSTEL autosampler to prepare samples for GCMS. It's a new instrument over here and there is really nobody here that I can refer to regarding this sampler. I'm having issues with the alignment of the 2cm vial tray and Qmix (mixer). No matter how many times I try to align the RIGHT ARM of this sampler its causing some misalignments during sample run. Especially during the sample run, the syringe injects into the metal side of the vials and causes the needle to bend or worse broke. I recently broke a needle into two when I set to run the sequence at the Qmix portion and the needle injected to the metal cap. This misalignment problem arises especially when I change the syringe (from 2500uL to 1000uL or vice versa). But I cannot restrict the usage of syringe to just one type during sample preparation cause different volumes requires different syringe. What can I possibly do to avoid anymore damages to the syringe and to align the tray properly?

Please advice.. Thank you

Kasturi
Have you followed the manufacturer's instructions ?
Peter Apps
Hi
Mr Peter

Yes I did followed the manufacturer's instructions. When I align the Right Arm with 1000uL syringe it works all fine for that particular syringe.... when it changes to the other syringe (2500uL) its causing slight misalignment and causing the syringe to bend....

Kastu
3 posts Page 1 of 1