Diazald availibility

Discussions about sample preparation: extraction, cleanup, derivatization, etc.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
How many of you that use diazald have been having problems with availability?
Pretty much everyone I have spoken to for the last year has been having trouble finding it. We are actually looking into ways to switch to something else but it isn't promising.
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
555 is an alternate method, but we don't have an instrument for it.
Luckily we don't use a lot of diazomethane so we have enough for a few more months.
We have switched from Sigma to Spectrum Chemicals due to backorders at Sigma. Their part number is 1352-M2272-25GM-EA. We have seen no problems with our 515.1 analysis. At least no NEW problems! :)
Bigbear wrote:
555 is an alternate method, but we don't have an instrument for it.
Luckily we don't use a lot of diazomethane so we have enough for a few more months.

I remember talking to someone who wrote EPA555 and they told me not to even bother with it.

The sad thing is those analytes respond very well on LCMSMS but they have no method for them. I was able to see the analytes at the detection limit listed in 515.1 shooting the water straight without any extraction, it would make a very simple and clean method I think.
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
5 posts Page 1 of 1