Agilent GC7890B/HS7697A

Discussions about methods, troubleshooting and best practices across both pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical analysis.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello,
I have problem with RT, method chlorobutanol hemihydrate solvents. I create method from european pharmacopoeia method, but my first peak get out at 9 min, but from method first peak is 14 min RT. maybe you have ideas what is a problem?
Your peak is coming out faster then what the method states. I would start with the easy possibilities first.... are the column dimensions configured correctly, is the carrier gas configured correctly, does your method flow match the EP method, is the column damaged?
georgij23 wrote:
Hello,
I have problem with RT, method chlorobutanol hemihydrate solvents. I create method from european pharmacopoeia method, but my first peak get out at 9 min, but from method first peak is 14 min RT. maybe you have ideas what is a problem?

Please, Write with your details such as your column, length, diameter, film thickness, oven program and flow.
georgij23 wrote:
Hello,

Hi,

During our evaluation of the EP chlorobutanol monograph we also observed retention times around 9 min instead of the 14 min described in the method. In addition to this discrepancy, we also observed a potential sample matrix bias causing low recoveries when calculating with the external standard preparation described in the method. Were you able to find any reason for the difference in the retention times that you experienced? And did you obtain any recovery data by any chance? (Just curious if anyone else experienced low recoveries as well.)

Thanks!
4 posts Page 1 of 1