Teledyne isco EZ Pre​p​​​ or Buchi Pure C-850 FlashPrep?

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
I'm going to buy a preperative LC instrument. I want to buy a Flash+HPLC system.

There are two alternative here...

Teledyne isco and Buchi

Buchi's intrument is very new and datasheet is impressive. On the other hand Teledyne isco is the leader of the Flash systems.

Buchi - Maximum pressure 50bar (725psi, flash) / 300bar (4351psi, prep)
Teledyne isco - Maximum pressure 200 psi (13.8 BAR) / 3,500 psi (240 BAR)

Both have a dad dedector for uv-vis scale and both have ELSD dedector.

Teledyne isco has an extra option, mass dedector compaitable. Buchi not. I think I can't buy a mass dedector to my system in the future, so it's not important for me.

Which one is better for your opinion? Why?

Thank you
Hi there,

good question. I personally would buy a different system and neither of the porposed ones.
But if you have to decide between the both of them I would go for the ISCO system. Just dont buy an ELSD with it and dont put any solvent on top of the system since it might leak from some valve inside the system.

The Büchi is very new and the soft is stone age... For me they are always no good choice because of the support which is always super expensive.
2 posts Page 1 of 1