Waters 600 pump head issues

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi all
I have a problem with a few old waters 600 hplc pumps I'm trying to get working.

Pump one has 100 ul pump heads and plungers but the outlet check valves are failing. It maintains flow through column, but pressure fluctuates 800 pai with each stroke.

Pump two has the nicer 225 ul heads and plungers. Check valves are better but one plunger seal has failed so there is almost no flow through the column and the pump head is leaking badly.

I have had the outlet valves on pump 1 apart to clean them, but the ptfe gaskets are so fragile from age and use, they get worse each time.

What is the solution to getting a single working pump with least amount of spare parts? Can I try putting the outlet valves from pump 2 on pump 1?

I know the general advice is "get something newer" but I am mostly doing this for fun so that isn't really an option.

Thanks in advance
Never mind, solved it myself, the service manual specifies same part number for outlet check valve for both sizes pump head.
2 posts Page 1 of 1